Tinkerer, thinker, detailer, problem solver, can-doer, adapter, leader, team player, quality maker—just a few of the things we’re looking for. There’s always a place for industry specific skills and talented people on our growing team. Send your resumé to email@example.com.
This position is responsible for the engineering and translation of client drawings and concepts into a readable and usable format for the following purposes: client approval and revision, shop construction, installation, and direction/instruction for subcontractors. The Drafter will design with the goal of supplying project managers, sales, shop, and estimators adequate details and up-to-date plans for various projects.
- Compiles working drawings with appropriate engineering and details to perform the job according to established expectations which entails preparing a single set of drawings that is readable and usable by client, shop, installation and subcontractors by compiling/filtering client drawings, field measurements, building requirements, disability access codes, material properties, verbal descriptions, and installation constraints.
- Prepares routine drafting projects, derived from layouts and sketches.
- Works with Purchasing and Estimating in providing sufficient plans and/or details for trades to give proper bids.
- Maintains the plan database.
- Creates technical drawings for field and trades.
- Enhances drawing processes and conventions.
- Updates all plans to new drawing conventions whenever conventions are updated.
- Helps when needed with design projects.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.