Tinkerer, thinker, detailer, problem solver, can-doer, adapter, leader, team player, quality maker—just a few of the things we’re looking for. There’s always a place for industry specific skills and talented people on our growing team. Send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fabrication Project Manager
This position is responsible for leading and managing multiple projects ranging in scope from design concept through delivery and leading an inter-disciplinary team to achieve project objectives at all project stages. This position works closely with sales and the client to ensure projects meet or exceed expectations.
- Drives the infrastructure and processes required to successfully move projects towards completion with an organized and consistent approach.
- Creates project work-back schedules; identifying all milestones and timelines, adjusting to client’s evolving needs.
- Partners with sales to communicate and update all stakeholders throughout project.
- Manages and communicates complex budgets, last minute change orders, and adjustments to project scope.
- Oversees multiple projects with the ability to prioritize competing needs in fast-paced changing environment.
- Positively represents Acme to clients and acts as a liaison between the client and Acme departments. Maintains an open line of communication, ensuring timely updates.
- Independently seeks information to move projects toward successful completion. Provides updates and check-ins when appropriate.
- Organizes project information to ensure projects can be executed efficiently and profitably throughout all Acme departments. Prioritize competing projects objectives.
- Creates and enforces workback schedule, identifying all milestones and timelines, and adjusting appropriately.
- Communicates project objectives, timelines and budget parameters internally and externally.
- Manages own workload and proactively reports any issues to management while meeting customer and company deadlines.
- Advises clients on fabrications through a thorough understanding of fabrication methods and materials as needed.
- Organizes and facilitates kickoff meetings and all subsequent progress meetings.
- Creates and maintains project documents, ensuring project specifications and changes are documented and archived.
- Ensures all items needed for successful project completion are procured and Quality Controlled.
- Works very closely with builders and other shop personnel throughout project fabrication and installation.
- Facilitates problem-solving strategies and methods across the team.
- Supports other Project Managers and team members as needed.
- Provides on-site supervision as needed.
- Organizes shipping and installation.
- Completes all administrative tasks, including partnering with sales to ensure client is billed correctly and completely.
- Travels when necessary.
- Transports self to and from various venues and client meetings according project needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in retail merchandising and sales cycles is a plus.Apply
This position is responsible for building custom cabinetry based on client needs and design specifications as communicated by the Project Manager.
- Builds custom cabinetry.
- Assists Project Managers in custom cabinet design as required.
- Communicates regularly with Project Managers and Drafters to ensure client expectations are met.
- Takes direction from management and Lead Builders.
- Advises on specifications of items to be constructed.
- Plans methods and operations based on CAD drawings or oral/written instruction.
- Operates equipment, including power saws, jointers, shapers, and other power and hand tools.
- Reports quality and control issues to Lead Builder.
- Monitors and identifies defects of materials and communicates said defects to Lead Builder.
- Assists in organization and development of carpentry shop.
- Communicates frequently with the Project Managers on timeline, project scope changes and status of project.
- Travels as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is responsible for providing general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks and for supporting the operations of the company through clear and concise communication. This position is also responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties.
- Acts as the face of the company both physically and on the phone.
- Presents a positive image of the company to customers and visitors.
- Answers phones, checks voicemails, and provides administrative support.
- Assists Human Resources department with requests such as posting openings, scheduling interviews, candidate correspondence, tracking completed paperwork and other support assistance.
- Makes and places coffee for reception lobby and warehouse.
- Sorts and distributes inbox documents.
- Handles all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Inventories office supplies.
- Files closed AP invoices and checks.
- Books travel arrangements as requested by Acme team.
- Coordinates setup and orders catering for meetings and special events.
- Handles special requests from executive team including catering.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Apply
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of all shipping activity.
- Ensures excellent service levels are provided to internal and external customers.
- Communicates with external vendors, clients and internal teams regarding status of jobs and coordinating, planning, scheduling, shipping, receiving, and packaging efforts.
- Monitors, tracks and communicates shipments and assists with the warehouse team as needed.
- Identifies as a leader within department and throughout organization.
- Manages carrier relationships and coordinates all shipping, LTL, Air, and FTL.
- Analyzes data on deliveries and transportation, and recommends and implements improvements.
- Defines and negotiates the service level with local carriers and shipping agents and monitor suppliers’ performance in terms of product security, lead time, transportation costs, etc.
- Monitors and communicates daily activity to track movement of finished goods including initiating the coordination with Shop team and Project Managers to determine readiness of items to be shipped; independently provides feedback to internal customers.
- Aggressively pursues on time shipments to customers.
- Proactively investigates and resolves any customer concerns, including reported shipment damage claims, directly with customers; generates reporting, root cause analysis, and improvement actions to address complaints.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with vendors and clients through ongoing communication and follows-up to ensure expectations are met and quality control is attained.
- Prepares shipping paperwork and completes shipping transaction in appropriate systems.
- Partners with Assembly & Packaging Coordinator in determining how to best package items to avoid damage and orders applicable shipping boxes or containers.
- Works with project managers to understand full scope of project including participating in meetings, accessing appropriate files, schedules, and provide project management support.
- Receives packages from freight carriers, inspects for damage/defect and sends emails about arrivals.
- Operates equipment such as forklift, pallet jack, and hand tools.
- Ensures quality control and organization of shipping and receiving.
- Drives company box trucks.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.