Tinkerer, thinker, detailer, problem solver, can-doer, adapter, leader, team player, quality maker—just a few of the things we’re looking for. There’s always a place for industry specific skills and talented people on our growing team. Send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is responsible for building custom cabinetry based on client needs and design specifications as communicated by the Project Manager.
- Builds custom cabinetry.
- Assists Project Managers in custom cabinet design as required.
- Communicates regularly with Project Managers and Drafters to ensure client expectations are met.
- Takes direction from management and Lead Builders.
- Advises on specifications of items to be constructed.
- Plans methods and operations based on CAD drawings or oral/written instruction.
- Operates equipment, including power saws, jointers, shapers, and other power and hand tools.
- Reports quality and control issues to Lead Builder.
- Monitors and identifies defects of materials and communicates said defects to Lead Builder.
- Assists in organization and development of carpentry shop.
- Communicates frequently with the Project Managers on timeline, project scope changes and status of project.
- Travels as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Fabrication Project Manager
This position is responsible for leading and managing multiple projects ranging in scope from design concept through delivery and leading an interdisciplinary team to achieve project objectives at all project stages.
- Drives the infrastructure and processes required to successfully move projects towards completion with an organized and consistent approach.
- Creates project work-back schedules; identifying all milestones and timelines, adjusting to client’s evolving needs.
- Partners with sales to communicate and update all stakeholders throughout project.
- Manages and communicates complex budgets, last minute change orders, and adjustments to project scope.
- Oversees multiple projects with the ability to prioritize competing needs in fast-paced changing environment.
- Positively represents ACME to clients and acts as a liaison between the client and ACME departments. Maintains an open line of communication, ensuring timely updates.
- Independently seeks information to move projects toward successful completion. Provides updates and check-ins when appropriate.
- Organizes project information to ensure projects can be executed efficiently and profitably throughout all ACME departments. Prioritize competing projects objectives.
- Creates and enforces workback schedule, identifying all milestones and timelines, and adjusting appropriately.
- Communicates project objectives, timelines and budget parameters internally and externally.
- Manages own workload and proactively reports any issues to management while meeting customer and company deadlines.
- Advises clients on fabrications through a thorough understanding of fabrication methods and materials as needed.
- Organizes and facilitates kickoff meetings and all subsequent progress meetings.
- Creates and maintains project documents, ensuring project specifications and changes are documented and archived.
- Ensures all items needed for successful project completion are procured and Quality Controlled.
- Works very closely with builders and other shop personnel throughout project fabrication and installation
- Facilitates problem-solving strategies and methods across the team.
- Provides on-site supervision as needed.
- Organizes shipping and installation.
- Completes all administrative tasks, including partnering with sales to ensure client is billed correctly and completely.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers, including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Travels when necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are looking for a skilled painter for custom projects including those for museum exhibits, cabinets, pedestals, and fixtures.
- Responsible for applying advance painting technique to production processes by selecting appropriate coatings and operating application equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring smooth operation through the finishing department, facilitating timeliness, and quality of product by performing the following duties.
- Must be able to read job orders, blueprints or drawings, and inspect pieces to determine work procedures and materials required.
- Responsible for communicating and coordinating projects between departments and project managers.
- Must maintain proper maintenance of spray booth and spray equipment.
- Required to help builders in the shop.
- 5+ years’ experience as Commercial/Residential painter/finisher in shop environment.
- 2+ years’ experience using cabinet shop equipment. Woodworking experience is a plus.
- Ability to read plans and plan accordingly to meet timelines.
- Safety guidelines to be followed at all times.
- Provide an incredible level of detail on every project.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Respectfully takes direction.
- Dependability and strong work ethic.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must be able to pass medical certification for respirator fitness.
Temporary Install and Warehouse
We are currently seeking temporary help to work with our Install and Warehouse Teams, with the potential opportunity for long term work! The position is responsible for providing support for delivery, on-site installation, and warehouse inventory.
We are seeking candidates who are able to perform the following:
- Drive a box truck; Maintains valid driver license and complies with the Department of Transportation driver requirements.
- Moves, installs, and disassembles equipment and production elements including loading and unloading of trucks in a timely and safe manner.
- Prepares goods for and/or package goods for storage or shipment.
- Loads, unloads or stacks containers, materials or product.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- General carpentry skills are required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.