Tinkerer, thinker, detailer, problem solver, can-doer, adapter, leader, team player, quality maker—just a few of the things we’re looking for. There’s always a place for industry specific skills and talented people on our growing team. Send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fabrication Project Manager
This position is responsible for leading and managing multiple projects ranging in scope from design concept through delivery and leading an inter-disciplinary team to achieve project objectives at all project stages. This position works closely with sales and the client to ensure projects meet or exceed expectations.
- Drives the infrastructure and processes required to successfully move projects towards completion with an organized and consistent approach.
- Creates project work-back schedules; identifying all milestones and timelines, adjusting to client’s evolving needs.
- Partners with sales to communicate and update all stakeholders throughout project.
- Manages and communicates complex budgets, last minute change orders, and adjustments to project scope.
- Oversees multiple projects with the ability to prioritize competing needs in fast-paced changing environment.
- Positively represents ACME to clients and acts as a liaison between the client and ACME departments. Maintains an open line of communication, ensuring timely updates.
- Independently seeks information to move projects toward successful completion. Provides updates and check-ins when appropriate.
- Organizes project information to ensure projects can be executed efficiently and profitably throughout all ACME departments. Prioritize competing projects objectives.
- Creates and enforces workback schedule, identifying all milestones and timelines, and adjusting appropriately.
- Communicates project objectives, timelines and budget parameters internally and externally.
- Manages own workload and proactively reports any issues to management while meeting customer and company deadlines.
- Advises clients on fabrications through a thorough understanding of fabrication methods and materials as needed.
- Organizes and facilitates kickoff meetings and all subsequent progress meetings.
- Creates and maintains project documents, ensuring project specifications and changes are documented and archived.
- Ensures all items needed for successful project completion are procured and Quality Controlled.
- Works very closely with builders and other shop personnel throughout project fabrication and installation
- Facilitates problem-solving strategies and methods across the team.
- Provides on-site supervision as needed.
- Organizes shipping and installation.
- Completes all administrative tasks, including partnering with sales to ensure client is billed correctly and completely.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and coworkers, including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Travels when necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred; at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in retail merchandising and sales cycles is a plus.