We are looking for an adaptable, solution-driven and organized Drafter to join our team of professionals. In this role, you will work on multiple long, and short term projects preparing drafts for our clients and in-house fabrication team for installation. Your goal is to supply project managers, sales, shop and estimators adequate engineering details, drawings, and up-to-date plans for our work.
With your accountability, proactive-thinking, and commitment to superior work, you will make a difference and be instrumental to our success at ACME. Every employee adds value.
Must have five years of related experience/education to apply for this position.
- Compile working drafts with appropriate engineering details to perform job according to established expectations. This includes preparing a single set of drawings that is readable, and usable, by the client, shop, installation and subcontractors, compiling/filtering client drawings, field measurements, building requirements, disability access codes, material properties, verbal descriptions, and installation constraints.
- Prepares routine drafting projects derived from layouts and sketches.
- Use SolidWorks and AutoCAD software with established drafting standards to develop layouts, drawings, and drafts that meet engineering specifications.
- Collaborate with Shop and Engineering teams in creating best build designs that meet client’s expectations.
- Identify possible problems with constructions and communicate issues with internal Project Managers and Builders.
- Incorporate marked-up corrections from internal, and external, customers without supervision.
- Review peer drafts for accuracy and drafting standards.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; five or more years related experience and/or training in drafting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in SolidWorks AND AutoCAD.
- Able to read commercial and architectural drawings.
- Ability to shift priorities quickly.
- Architectural or Engineering with fabrication knowledge preferred.
- Construction experience is a plus.
At ACME, we offer competitive wages, company paid medical and short-term disability monthly premiums, paid time-off, dental and life insurance, and a matching 401k savings plan. ACME is focus on what matters most: Our Team, Our Clients, and Our Results.