We are looking for a supremely organized, highly adaptable, solution-oriented Drafter. In this role, you will be responsible for the engineering and translation of client drawings and concepts into readable, usable formats for construction. Your goal is to supply project managers, sales, shop, and estimators with adequate engineering details, drawings, and up-to-date plans for projects.
With your accountability, proactive-thinking, and commitment to superior work, you will make a difference and be instrumental to our success at ACME. Every employee adds value.
- Compile working drafts with appropriate engineering details to perform job according to established expectations. This includes preparing a single set of drawings that is readable, and usable, by the client, shop, installation and subcontractors, compiling/filtering client drawings, field measurements, building requirements, disability access codes, material properties, verbal descriptions, and installation constraints.
- Prepares routine drafting projects derived from layouts and sketches.
- Collaborate with Shop and Engineering teams in creating best build designs that meet client’s expectations.
- Identify possible problems with constructions and communicate issues with internal Project Managers and Builders.
- Incorporate marked-up corrections from internal, and external, customers without supervision.
- Review peer drafts for accuracy and drafting standards.
Education and/or Experience
- Able to read commercial and architectural drawings.
- Ability to shift priorities quickly.
- Architectural or Engineering drafting background with fabrication knowledge preferred.
- Construction experience is a plus.
At ACME, we offer competitive wages, company paid medical and short-term disability monthly premiums, paid time-off, dental and life insurance, and a matching 401k savings plan. ACME is focus on what matters most: Our Team, Our Clients, and Our Results.