This position is responsible for handling all aspects of the estimating process, ranging from conceptual to detailed estimates. You will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating cost estimates including pricing, quoting, and assisting the Sales Team on RFI’s and other project documents. You must have construction knowledge and the ability to own projects, be innovative, and be self-directed in a change intensive environment.
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Coordinate subcontractor solicitations and vendor pricing.
- Determine labor and construction equipment costs.
- Prepare conceptual estimates that take into consideration scheduling and sequencing with a specific emphasis placed on safety.
- Effectively manage the bid process to provide a timely review with designated personnel.
- Assemble written proposal consistent with organizational standards and our customer’s needs.
- Prepare and type quotes.
- Ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Understand scope of work to bid.
- Proficiency in data analyses, develop information based on the data and engage management and sales with findings.
- 3 to 5+ years in commercial construction and estimating experience.
- Able to read, understand and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative.
- Able to successfully work within a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations.
- Committed to delivering outstanding customer service and quality work.